Converging Data is a dynamic organisation that is growing fast and is working inside some of the largest organisations across the Financial Services, Healthcare and Retail sectors in the UK.
To support our growth, we are looking for an experienced IT professional who continually embraces new technologies, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Converging Data is looking for a Cloud Architect who will take ownership for the design, delivery and support of our services. As well as strong technical skills, we are looking for people who are passionate about delivering excellent services to our customers, and helping to develop the capability of our team.
Role Profile Summary
Responsible for hands on management and design of our client’s Cloud based services, the Cloud Architect will provide support across all platforms. There is a strong focus on automation, and delivery of Splunk services at scale.
You will develop strategies and solutions, solve technical problems, manage deployments and monitoring performance. Your technical expertise will help to ensure our that customers services are not compromised.
We operate in an agile, continuous delivery environment and need a skilled and flexible Cloud Architect to join our highly skilled technical team.
We are looking for hands on architects who are passionate about:
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage Cloud services
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimised
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing Cloud technology best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services
Desired Skills and Experience
Converging Data will provide training for the right candidate and ensure that your skills are continually kept up to date, we do however require the following:
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in a Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building environments using Cloud services such as EC2, AWS ECS, EKS and Lambda.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Hands on programming skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js,
- Agile software development expertise
- Experience with continuous integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI/CD
- Strong practical experience with Terraform
- Experience with configuration management platforms (Terraform and Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based system
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Certification in one of the major cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, GCP) would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in AWS Administration
Experience nice to have:
- Hands on knowledge of JIRA
- Familiarity with CloudFormation
- Development skills or interest in Docker, Python, Machine Learning & Data Analytics
- Hands on knowledge of Splunk
Converging Data is offering the opportunity to be part of a high performing team, with a strong emphasis on personal professional development. If you are interested in joining a great team culture, with an opportunity to shape the company’s direction, we would love to hear from you.