Are you interested in Data and all its possibilities? Do you want to work on innovative, leading edge projects for some of the worlds’ largest organisations?
At Converging Data, we deliver Data Analytics, Cyber Security and IOT solutions. We work across Healthcare, Financial Services, Transport and logistics, for customers such as NHS Digital and William Hill.
We’re looking for an IT Operations and Service Management consultant to develop, deliver and manage IT Operations data analytics services for our clients. It’s a great combination of long-term projects and short-term engagements to keep you interested. If you join us, you’ll be working alongside a growing team of experienced data professionals. We’re experts in delivery of the Splunk machine data platform, with a key focus on IT Operations Management.
The quality of our people is the core of our business. If you have a genuine interest in the delivery of analytics-based solutions, we want to hear from you. The work can vary enormously, and can be technically challenging, but we invest heavily in your training and you’ll have the support of a knowledgeable , friendly team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
An extensive experience of working in IT Operations, ideally with some of the following:
- Experience working within complex IT operations environments.
- Broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure, tools and services.
- Experience deploying, integrating and supporting critical solutions in a complex environment.
- Ability to profile and interpret event logs, network traffic, system logs, and application logs and to identify developing patterns and trends.
- An understanding of the correlation of events which are symptomatic of developing issues.
- Experience of developing operational KPI’s and providing realtime reporting and alerting against such targets.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience of agile methodologies and associated tool sets.
- SC Security accreditation would be an advantage.
- KPI use case and Playbook development.
- Coding expertise using languages such as Python, particularly in relation to IT operations reporting and alerting.
- Administration skills using Splunk, Linux, Windows and VMware.
- AWS experience would be great as would experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Other Data Log analytics platforms such as the Elastic Stack are also of interest.
You should work well within a team, but also be happy to work autonomously and potentially lead the delivery of projects.
What we offer
As well as the opportunity to be part of a great team, delivering Cyber Security into some of the world’s largest organisations, we offer a competitive Salary + bonus.
We also provide a highly structured development plan which will see us invest heavily in your training and provide you with a high level of Splunk accreditation.
Work patterns are flexible, and you get to work with some nice people. If this sounds interesting, then get in touch and come and have a chat.
No agencies please.