Are you interested in Data and all its possibilities? Do you want to work on innovative, leading edge projects for some of the worlds’ largest organisations?
At Converging Data, we deliver Data Analytics, Cyber Security and IOT solutions. We work across Healthcare, Financial Services, Transport and logistics, for customers such as NHS Digital and William Hill.
We’re looking for a Security Specialist to develop, deliver and manage security capabilities for our clients. It’s a great combination of long-term projects and short-term engagements to keep you interested. If you join us, you’ll be working alongside a growing team of experienced data professionals. We’re experts in delivery of the Splunk machine data platform, with a primary focus on Enterprise Security.
The quality of our people is the core of our business. If you have a genuine interest in the delivery of analytics-based security solutions, we want to hear from you. The work can vary enormously, and can be technically challenging, but we invest heavily in your training and you’ll have the support of a knowledgeable, friendly team.
Essential Skills and Experience
Extensive experience of working in Cyber Security, or IT Operations, ideally with some of the following:
- Experience working with security technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, and Endpoint protection, ideally within a network security, or a security operations environment.
- Broad knowledge of Security tools, programs and methodologies.
- Experience deploying, integrating and supporting critical solutions in a complex environment.
- Ability to profile and interpret security event logs, network traffic, system logs, and application logs and to identify developing patterns and trends.
- An understanding of the correlation of events which are symptomatic of known types of attack such as DDoS, Insider Threat and Phishing.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Splunk.
- Qualifications such as CISSP, CCNP or CREST.
- SC Security accreditation.
- Experience with SOC processes and Risk Assessments including Use Case development.
- Security Use case and Playbook development.
- Coding expertise using languages such as Python, particularly in relation to security use cases.
- Administration skills using Splunk, Linux, Windows and VMware.
- AWS experience would be great as would experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Other Data Log analytics platforms such as the Elastic Stack are also of interest.
You’ll need to be able to work well within a team, but also be happy to work autonomously and potentially lead the delivery of projects.
What we offer
As well as the opportunity to be part of a great team, delivering Cyber Security into some of the world’s largest organisations, we offer a competitive Salary + bonus.
We also provide a highly structured development plan which will see us invest heavily in your training and provide you with the highest level of Splunk accreditation.
Work patterns are flexible, and you get to work with some nice people. If this sounds interesting, then get in touch and come and have a chat.
No agencies please.